A seasoned pro, I’ve shaped online marketing strategies for hundreds of small businesses since 1997.
I care deeply about small businesses that are poorly served by consultants who promise more than they can deliver.? Or, they’re mesmerized by a service that claims to handle all SEO for under $100 a month. And too often, small business executives are forced to choose from pre-baked packages that can’t fully match their goals.
Earlier in my career, I advised companies like Eaton Corp., KeyBank, and Little Tikes. But most of my experience has been with small businesses like yours. I get that your budgets are tight and time is limited. That’s why my custom plans work well. They’re tailored to what you can afford and need to accomplish.
I encourage you to follow this simple but practical advice:
1. Do everything you can on your own with your team’s expertise.
2. Hire me to train you to do tasks; why pay people like me?
3. Work with me to define the gaps and let me handle what you can’t.
From health care services to retail businesses, I’ve worked directly with clients and led marketing teams to help companies exceed their expectations.
Check out a summary of success stories to learn the different ways I’ve helped clients over the years, including:
- Invigorating online leads and sales
- Dramatically improving search engine rankings and traffic
- Bringing thousands of extra visitors through backlinks
- Giving a fresh look to old, tough-to-use websites
I’ve been supporting the digital marketing industry in different ways, including conference presentations and original research.
- Speak regularly at regional and national conferences, including Content Marketing World, Search Engine Strategies (New York City, Chicago and San Jose), American Marketing Association in Cleveland, and The University of Toledo.
- Write numerous digital marketing articles for Content Marketing Institute, WebProNews, iMedia Connection, ReveNews, and Visibility
- Publish national studies on SEO (Fortune 100, small businesses, financial services, and manufacturing).
Through Online Marketing Coach and other agencies, I have guided companies in diverse industries, including consumer products, financial services, manufacturing, health care, real estate, and more. Here are a few:
- FedEx Custom Critical
- Tradesmen International
- Little Tikes
- Career Education Corp.
- Cleveland Clinic
- United Way of Greater Cleveland
- Babcox Media
- Informa Connect
- Kent State University
- Eaton Corp.
- Air Enterprises
By working with me, you also get access to my contacts. Although I’ve worked in most areas of online marketing, I also know experts in each specialty. I’ll introduce you to them depending on your goals. For example, you might just need a Wix website template or you would be better served by one of our WordPress developers. One of my strategic partners, Proximity Marketing, makes more elaborate websites.
Journalist: 1987-1997 – covered government, health care, business, technology, and the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo.
Bachelor’s Degree: Kent State University (1986) in Kent, Ohio
An avid runner, I ran my first mile in 2012 when I was 48. I completed the Boston Marathon in 2019 (13th marathon).